This is my list of top ten ice type Pokemon, just in time for winter! I rank these based on how good they are and how well I believe they represent ice-type Pokemon. I do have a nolegendaries rule in order to keep things fair.
10. Cryogonal: This pokemon may seem weak upon first glance but it has excellent special defense as well as decent speed and special attack. It has horrible attack and measly defense of 30 so if you are hit by a physical attack it is over for this Pokemon. It does learn Toxic and Swagger so it can be a very annoying Pokemon if used well.
9. Lapras: This pokemon has great HP stat accompanied by average stats all around. It has decent special defense to back up its HP so it can survive a bit. But it’s attack stats are kinda crummy. Like the previous pokemon on this list it can be good for setting up status effects I think you should give it the Water Absorb ability, so you can switch it into water type attacks and have it be healed.
8. Glaceon: This Pokemon has a great special attack stats and good defense and special defense. It has ice beam and blizzard to take advantage of this, which is good. But it’s speed is bad especially when you take into account it’s low Hp and attack, which make it learning ice shard useless. But it works really well if it’s hailing, so take that into account.
7. Froslass: This is pokemon with a great speed stat but really meager stats all around. It has snow cloak like the previous pokemon so take that into account. This pokemon is best used to set up status effects (seeing a trend here?) but it can also be used as a destiny bonder.
6. Avalugg: This pokemon has Fantastic defense stat and a great attack stat too. It has no speed to speak of though and it’s special defense is bad as well. And being a ice type would mean having a bad special attack would spell doom for this Pokemon, but it has large variety of physical moves to choose from, so it’s covered in those regards. Best used as a Tank.
5. Aurorus: This one’s got great HP and good special stats. And it’s physical stats aren’t so horrible it will crumble under anything. It’s got bad speed though so watch out. It’s saving grace is it’s ability Refrigerate, which turns all normal type attacks into ice type ones, which is nice.
4. Mega Abomasnow: This Pokemon has Great attacking stats and good defensive ones as well, all with the Hp to back it up! It’s speed is pretty bad though, being only 30, but it does learn ice shard. I admit to a bit of bias on this choice as I have a Mega Abomasnow on my main team, and it’s gotten me out of some tricky situations.
3. Weavile: This one has great Speed and Attack, so it hits hard. It’s a bit of a glass cannon though, less so than some on this list mind you, so watch out. It has a wide variety of physical moves to use and I suggest you use it’s Pickpocket ability, as Pressure is kinda use less with how much this thing can survive.
2. Mamoswine: This one has a great attack stat and good Hp as well. It other stats are mediocre though, but it can learn ice shard when it wants to be fast, and it’ defensive ones aren’t so horrible it crumbles despite it’s Hp. Mainly use this thing as a Tank with the Thick Fat ability to make it sturdier.
1. Mega Glalie: This pokemon has Fantastic attack stats with good speed to boot. All it’s other stats are an exact 80, so that’s okay. It has a wide variety of special and physical moves at it’s disposal as well as the aforementioned Refrigerate ability, so this thing can do lots. I believe it to be the best representative of Ice type pokemon in general so that’s why it’s at 1#.